Sunday, September 16, 2012

Is it possible to have HIV/AIDS and not even know it


Is it possible to have HIV/AIDS and not even know it?
Say you're born with HIV/AIDS due to it being passed on from an infected parent.....can it remain dormant in your body for awhile, up to 20 or 30 years or more, and you not even know you have it? Like, it doesn't affect you, and you don't even know you have it, but then you take part in unprotected sexual activity of any type - can you then infect your partner(s)?
STDs - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
great question, ive been doing a lot of research on this, and ive learned, that some but few people, r hiv positive, and they r hiv negitive, there being watched real closely, i forgot the article that i read it from, also they r saying now that green tea can help in the fight against hiv,
2 :
that's a possibility. and transmission is always possible
3 :
yes
4 :
Of coarse it's possible. I'm not sure about 20 or 30 yrs. I have been HIV+ for about 2yrs. There are no tell-tale signs or symptoms unless and/or until you get an opportunistic infection. I will also say that being HIV+ is not a death sentence, like it once was. I am now on a once a day pill that seems to control it (not cure or rid me of it, but keeps the viral load down to undectible levels, and my CD4 count high). While I will always be positive for the virus, unless or until there is a cure, I am otherwise healthy, and nobody would be the wiser.
5 :
Yes.




Read more discussions :