Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why is there an increase in teenage pregnancy HIV/aids despite the introduction of sex education


Why is there an increase in teenage pregnancy HIV/aids despite the introduction of sex education?

Higher Education (University +) - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sadly it's because it's in part low self-esteem at that age and feeling peer pressure. Also, most of the time young people (older as well) don't listen to what they don't want to hear or more--to what they think can't possibly happen to them.
2 :
Because in the heat of the moment it seem's people ignore and take the chance just to get a nut.
3 :
Is there an increase? Do you have statistics to back that up? It's hard to answer a question when the question assumes a statement is true without providing the background info.
4 :
i believe that ppl tend to get into sex which they will not mind if the otehr party refuse to use condom when they fail to overcome their desire, emptiness, lonliness.it is important for us to always have a clear mind, coz once u done it- there is no turning back...
5 :
Maybe more reports are being made known rather than the number of pregnancies. Did you know that the abortion rate is DOWN among teens?
6 :
In my own personal experience, I can say that a good reason for this is that some people don't learn until they make the mistake for themselves. I was 15 when I got pregnant with my son, and although I have always considered myself to be intelligent and smart, I didn't think it could happen to me. So, I think many teenage pregnancies are caused by the same thinking, not because of lack of knowledge on the subject.



Read more discussions :