Monday, March 24, 2008

I understand that you can get HIV&AIDS from,exchanging bodily fluids,What about french kissing


I understand that you can get HIV&AIDS from,exchanging bodily fluids,What about french kissing?
I know that people are also concerned when they get spit on by aHVI&AIDS infected person.If you know let me know.(I dont want a death kiss)
STDs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Current scientific data points to not being able to get HIV/AIDS from kissing. This website ( http://www.avert.org/howcan.htm ) says that this is because to catch the virus there needs to be a large quantity present, and although the virus is present in saliva, it is not in large quantities. I wouldn't risk it. If you are kissing someone, there is a possibility that you will continue on and do other things to. You may not get the kiss of death, but the sting of death from another means.
2 :
While to my knowledge there have been no cases of HIV proven to have been contracted in that manner, in theory it is possible. *please note I said "in theory"* Since there is saliva exchange in French kissing...which is a body fluid...the possibility is there. However, in past testing, the levels of HIV have been shown to be very low in saliva and the risk of transmission is unlikely. It could happen if one person was HIV positive and kissed another person who had an injury or cut inside their mouth through which the virus could travel and get into the other person's bloodstream. However, to my knowledge, there have not been any cases PROVEN to have been contracted that way. EMT
3 :
it would take several galons of saliva to pass the HIV virus on. if you could get it from kissing i think alot more people would have it.



Read more discussions :