Friday, March 28, 2008

Should people with HIV/AIDS be labled, taged, or regesterd to curb the spread of the virus


Should people with HIV/AIDS be labled, taged, or regesterd to curb the spread of the virus?
I read an article about this and just wanted to know what people thought about it.
STDs - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. People should be responsible when having sex and wear a condom to curb the spread of the virus.
2 :
well, I'm not to keen on that idea, however, if we do that for one disease, we should do that for all. like stupidity. What really should happen is we should hunt down all the f*cking idiots and tag them with ear tags, so everyone knows that this person is a f*cking dumb*as*s.
3 :
no thats rediculous
4 :
If that was the penalty for having HIV/AIDS, I don't think anyone would ever get tested for it again. The key is to get as many people tested so that people know their status. The vast majority of HIV transmission happens between people who do not know that they carry the HIV virus, so doing something like you mentioned to the people we know have HIV/AIDS would actually do very little to slow the spread of the virus.
5 :
Yes considering you don't just have to have sex with a person to get HIV/AIDS. But I guess it doesn't seem like a big deal to me if everyone knows if someone has HIV/AIDs because I assume that since I wouldn't treat them any differently that must mean no one else will be bothered by the fact that those people have the disease. But now that I think about it-I bet a lot of people would be total assholes. I'd just really like to know who has ANY type of STD so I'd know if I had to wear a condom or not.
6 :
Actually the CDC maintains Documented cases of HIV/HERPES/ and other STD"S that are communicable and life threatening.. you can actually contact CDC and get information on anyone for these diseases...


Read more discussions :