Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How common is HIV/AIDS/Herpes in America


How common is HIV/AIDS/Herpes in America?
Just wondering. I am always going to use protection obviously, but I am still scared that one time the condom might rip and then I am screwed. Does anyone know the percentage of AIDS/HIV or even Herpes in America? Even better, does anyone know the percentage of AIDS/HIV/Herpes in American GIRLS, because that would really be the only source I would get it from (I'm straight). I would just like to stay informed.
STDs - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the percentage wouldnt matter if u happened to have sexual relations with the one person who had it sorry to say but its da truth and the more you know the better choices you can make. As always be safe and trust god!
2 :
Herpes is reasonable common, HIV in females pretty uncommon See attached for info.
3 :
my god, whoo cares how common, just be responsible it takes one time.
4 :
Good for you that you plan to always use condoms. HSV-2 is not uncommon, it is estimated about 20% of the adult pop. is infected, not sure how that breaks down by gender. Hiv prevalence in US females is about one-tenth of one percent with black and hispanic females being more heavily affected. Just use condoms consistently with any new partners and you will be fine.


Read more discussions :