Saturday, May 24, 2008

If my yearly pap exams are clean, could I still have an STD or HIV/AIDS


If my yearly pap exams are clean, could I still have an STD or HIV/AIDS?
I know my doctor checks for HPV because they found it about a year and a half ago. Since about a year ago, all of my paps have been clean.
STDs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on what kind of pap you had. Most Drs. now test for hpv and Hiv with the pap. Ask your dr.
2 :
hpv is for life? flare ups come and go? have a hsv I and II
3 :
HIV is not on the list of test a Dr does with a pap. I have a friend who is a white 40 year old woman, married for 15 years, he Dr laughed at her when she asked for a HIV test. Yet her friend a African-American woman, same age, married is asked every year if she wants a HIV test. Can you say judgmental!! Ask for a HIV test, if you have never had one wait until your next pap or find a clinic that does HIV testing. Everyone should have a HIV test at least once a year.



Read more discussions :