Saturday, July 12, 2008

How can I help hiv/aids


How can I help hiv/aids?
My heart hurts for my brother. He just go out of the hospital. He was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer. I later found out he has hiv/aids. Its hurts me to even type it. He hasn't told me about the hiv/aids but has told me about the cancer. He is now living with me because he can't work. I don't know what to do. I don't know how much longer he has to live. I just need advice. It so hard watching him suffer
STDs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Omg im so sorry for you and your brother... But there is hope if he only has hiv get him on meds right away because hiv doesnt kill and sometimes you can be diagnosed with hiv and it will never turn into aids. Meanwhile for the cancer have him go through the surgerys that can help him keep him as healthy as possible and exercise with him keep him happy this may not be the end of the road for him. Also in case he does get to the posin where he may die get him to talk to god pray for him and ask god to keep him in good care. No matter what even if he does die just remeber he will be happy out of pain and you wil see him on the other side. BUT REMEMBER HE DOESNT HAVE TO DIE HE CAN MAKE IT!
2 :
I'm very sorry to hear about your brother's illness. It is obviously at a late stage. I believe prayer, if he is religious, may help him deal with this but he is going to die. We all will die and the circumstances will be slightly different for us all. Your brother will want and need your support and your love. You can ask at the hospital or your doctor's office for any local support group, for you. He may be interested, depending on how sick he is, in living the lest part of his life in a hospice, and you can ask about that too if it seems appropriate right now. Treat him as your brother, not as a dying man. Don't ignore the fact that he is very ill and likely dying but don't make that the main focus of your time with him. Talk about your life just as you did before- he's still interested in your life and that of any other family you have. You can talk to his doctor about pain management and keep in touch with any and all people or groups who can help you help him. Many people have been where you are now and some of them will be willing to help you and your brother. Ask around.




Read more discussions :