Saturday, January 1, 2011

What do you think about the impacts of HIV/AIDS in the family


What do you think about the impacts of HIV/AIDS in the family?
Family facing with HIV/AIDS Behaviour in family? worse? better? Financial circumstance? worse? better?
Infectious Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well personaly IF someone in my family had AIDS i would most likely space my self from them... Not for any rude reason other than the chance of invection of me and my family. So i would say the effects are extencive and tramatic.
2 :
Good question. I was diagnosed HIV+ in 2003 and I have yet to tell my family. I've only told one of my brothers. I'm scared of being disowned especially by my father. I think if I came out and told my family, I'd probably shunned like the plague. I think it depends on the family , how close they are and how supportive they would be of the person infected with HIV/AIDS. Financially I'm fine because my health care pays for everything.
3 :
10 years ago i had to tell my mother and the rest of my family i was positive. they all reacted differently but as a result we are much closer now than ever. i also have a son and a husband who are negative and they are very supportive. financially we have run into a few setbacks with my medications. but what family doesn't have financial setbacks. i feel much better having told my family i don't always feel like I'm hiding.



Read more discussions :