Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What is the effect of HIV/ AIDS on individuals


What is the effect of HIV/ AIDS on individuals??
please give me information on the impact of HIV/AIDS on the individual, family, community. at the workplace & Economy
STDs - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sounds too much like a homework question. Do your research yourself.
2 :
Hey,I have had HIV for 7 yrs now.The effects I have noticed most is my severe fatigue.I get alot of depression.I had to go on disability 4 yrs ago.Before that I was a roofer for 18 yrs but my health wouldn't allow me to go on.I haven't had to go on any drugs yet but I'm not far off.It has turned my life completely upside down.My family and friends are very supportive although they are heartbroken that I have to live with this everyday.Anyways,I hope this helped you out.
3 :
Check out the CDC website (Centers for Disease Control). There's a lot of useful information and links that could help you out.
4 :
HIV is a retrovirus that uses CD4 cells, or white blood cells as hosts for reproduction. With every host cell used, a CD4 dies. As the numbers of CD4 decrease, and as the viral load increases, the body becomes more prone to infections. This is what AIDS is. It is a stage of HIV development, where the CD4 counts are low and the viral counts are high, giving your body no resistance to outside infection (i.e., Bronchitis, Upper Respiratory Infections, Cancer, other STDs, etc.) This is why people die. Without outside infections, HIV/AIDS is harmless. In terms of family, it depends on the individual. In my case, my family was very awry of adopting me at birth due to my virus. Eventually, as more information came out, they educated themselves and accepted it. Many people are not as fortunate. Workplaces also have a difference in how they would treat an individual. Some occupations, such as military service, or law enforcement, often discriminate against HIV-positive applicants.
5 :
Nice Try



Read more discussions :