Saturday, May 28, 2011

How many people do you know who've contracted HIV/Aids


How many people do you know who've contracted HIV/Aids?
How many people do you know who has HIV/Aids or has died from it. Are you HIV-? If you're a person who has the disease what was your reaction when you learned you had HIV or Aids. I know of 4 people who's living with HIV+ and 1 person I know died from aids a long time ago. I can tell you that i'm disease free. =o)
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
none
2 :
None.
3 :
I know someone who is HIV + I don't know anyone who died from it I don't have HIV/AIDS
4 :
I knew one -- may he rest in light perpetual. My old parish also hosted a live in program for homeless victims -- but I didn't really get to know any of them. On the other hand, we raised money for a charity that dealt with HIV infected babies, I met a couple of those. Reyn believeinyou24@yahoo.com
5 :
Having done volunteer work with HIV clinics I've known tons of people with it, many who have died and many who have had it now close to 20 years and haven't had any severe health problems. No, I don't have HIV.
6 :
I know five people who are HIV positive, and two with full blown AIDS. I've also lost a few friends to it. (before the trolls start, only 3 of them were gay) It's a hard disease, and watching as their bodies turned on them is heartbreaking. Still, they are friends, I have to be there for them no matter how much it hurts. Peace
7 :
One. My daughter. She passed away at 9 years old.
8 :
none. And i definitely do not have HIV. And never will.
9 :
I know like 5 people with HIV or AIDS. I do not have it.
10 :
I know both. I know people who have passed away from symptoms of HIV/AIDS and know people currently living with it. I use to work in the media and had an opportunity to meet Ryan White once prior to his passing. I also did an indepth story on HIV/AIDS. Many of the people I interviewed have now since passed. I had a manager who became a friend that recently died. So, yes, I have had my fair share of exposure to HIV. I am negative and take measures to make sure I stay that way.
11 :
As an older gay man, I have lived through the entire span of the AIDS/HIV epidemic. A friend from high school died of AIDS in the mid 80's. Another former lover of mine died of AIDS a few years ago. A fair number of men I know now are living with some level of the disease. I am a strong practioner of safe sex and I have an Aids test ever quarter. I did have a "false positive" test result one time...and it was quite a shock. Even though I am confident in my safe sex practices, it was quite an issue. Waiting for the results of the second test (that gave a negative result) was the longest few days in my life. I do have to say that the counseling I recieved at that time was quite good. The doctor I saw had lots of information available. I am fortunate that I did not need all of that support, but it is good to know that it was available.
12 :
I am a medical professional working in a hospital so I ocasionally come in contact with HIV pos patients. I haven't seen any of them die but they are not in very good shape when I get to see them. I have been told that an acquaintance is HIV pos and that his lover/"friend" has died. He is not doing well from what I understand. My former brother-in-law died about ten years ago from AIDS complications. I am HIV neg and hope to remain that way but due to my medical job, I am aware that I am at risk for MRSA, TB, HEP B & C, HIV/AIDS as well as the potential of BIRD FLU. I do my best but providing patient care does put us in the forefront.



Read more discussions :