Sunday, June 12, 2011

I stepped on a needle in town and I am afraid of an infection like HIV or AIDS


I stepped on a needle in town and I am afraid of an infection like HIV or AIDS?
I was in town with some mates when I accidently stepped on a needle. (hypodermic needle [sp?]) There was no actual needle to pierce my skin with but I'm still wondering is there any risk of HIV/AIDS and should I get a check? I'm rather health conscious you see, and I have been feeling absolutely crap this week. Please reply. Thanks
STDs - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If the needle didn't go in, then there should be no problem. As long as it didn't make contact with any of your body fluids, healthy skin is usually enough to stop the virus from going in. Plus certain circumstances have to be met for example: How long has the needle been out side? If it was exposed to the air for more than 2 days them maybe the virus died by them. Like mention earlier it had to go inside of your system... Very unlikely... You also have to consider the symptoms which may include, swollen lymph nodes diarrhea weight loss headeaches flu like symptoms fevers night sweats.... I will get cheked either way, just to have my mind at ease. Do so in around three months. You may be feeling like you can't wait three months but trust me its better than not knowing. I really wish you luck!
2 :
Were you wearing shoes? You stepped just on the plastic syringe part? Not on the metal part? If it didn't pierce your skin you can't get HIV aids from it. You're probably feeling like crap because of the anxiety & fear causing depression about the whole incident. If you were barefooted & had an open sore on your foot & stepped on it & it contained the HIVinfection there would be a remote possibility that you could catch it. HIV doesn't live on the surface long. However, other bacteria can live longer. If it punctured your skin in any way go get a blood test & have the dr. look at the wound. If you were wearing a shoe & it never broke skin I wouldn't worry about it. Best wishes to you! Stop the anxiety & address it you'll feel better!
3 :
HIV is transmitted in blood, semen, breast milk, and vaginal fluids. HIV is most commonly spread from one person to another through having unprotected sexual intercourse with someone who has the virus sharing needles or syringes with someone who has the virus being deeply punctured with a needle or surgical instrument contaminated with the virus getting HIV-infected blood, semen, or vaginal secretions into open wounds or sores You might want to get yourself checked out. Good Luck!



Read more discussions :