Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it possible to spot the signs of (or determine the diagnosis of) Leukemia, from a HIV/AIDS test


Is it possible to spot the signs of (or determine the diagnosis of) Leukemia, from a HIV/AIDS test?

Cancer - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No - the HIV test, tests for the presence of the HIV. Luekemia is an entirely different type of illness with an entirely different test. Medical labs have to specifically test for what they are investigating. It is not like they can just put blood etc into a machine and it diagnoses all our ills.
2 :
NO it is not. But from a CBC that is a test that generally leads to a bone marrow test to find out if you do have it. That is how they found out that I had leukemia. I still have to have all kinds of blood tests to show that I do not have it. I have been in remission for 2 years and 5 months, and so far I have not had to have a bone marrow test. I certainly hope that you are not thinking that you have leukemia. It is a bad type of cancer.



Read more discussions :