Saturday, August 4, 2012

Californians: What do you think of your governor considering cutting HIV/AIDS healthcare


Californians: What do you think of your governor considering cutting HIV/AIDS healthcare?
Without this essential care, thousands will be cut off from the support that their lives depend on. What do you think should be done, considering the enormous budget deficit? More than $80 million in cuts to essential HIV counseling, testing, education and monitoring programs for people living with HIV/AIDS are on the line. It's astonishing how little some people care for their neighbors. LOL, MM! If you're a Californian then I'm six feet tall, lmao. (Email me, darling, you little liar.)
Politics - 19 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i think they are also cutting medicaid. very sad.
2 :
I say that 2/3rds of San Fransisco's population are dead then!
3 :
Aids is still the most preventable disease that plagues people today. Don't put your wee wee where it doesn't belong and you'll be fine.
4 :
i think California is going bankrupt.
5 :
I think we should let those idiots die there are only 2 ways to get aids sex and if you share a needle both can be averted by wearing a condom or not having sex with every person you see or by not doing drugs
6 :
I wish the legislators would take a 15% pay reduction like the rest of California's state employees. If they were forced to do so, they'd figure a balanced budget pronto. California's legislators are state employees aren't they?
7 :
If it's down to cancer, which can hit anyone at any time, and a disease that is spread by behavior, I think it's the correct choice. Hopefully, liberals will see how terrible it would be to see healthcare rationed on a large scale.
8 :
On that subject I think we MUST mandate HARSH punishment for the spread of the disease and that people MUST be held accountable
9 :
I question the need for state supported health care to treat a venereal disease in the first place.
10 :
Hm. I think we should not be spending 1.4 million on a funeral, that is for sure. I do not know what else to cut though. I suppose you could maybe legalize marijuana, so they don't spend so much money fighting it, and that would let up on the crowding in jails. I would not cut HIV/AIDS healthcare, but I would always choose saving education over that. So it is a lose-lose situation. EDIT - No duh, California is going bankrupt. Once I get my Master's degree, I am out of here.
11 :
Sucks, but desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess. It's just too bad they couldn't cut their salaries in order to save a few good programs...but cutting salaries definitley wouldn't be enough to cover this health cut.
12 :
I think it should be done the risk of spread is high through the gay community. I have someone in my family who has it and have known 3 others who have died from it. In reality it should be because the health care community is trying to lower the rate. But most gay community still goes out and hooks up with having aids so it just spreads. I have my own personal belief over it only because I have seen people sick from it with my own two eyes. I wish people all people could see what a person dying from Aids looks like it's horrible. So the more we can stop this the better off everybody is.
13 :
They have to cut many things you won't like. Unfortunately there isn't enough money. Why? Because the bureaucrats and politicians take home most of the money generated for programs. I'm telling you, the more Government employees there are, the worse off a budget and tax payers will be.
14 :
I think Hospice palliative care is more appropriate for the terminally ill than endless treatment. Even the Bible said "give Strong drink to a dying man"
15 :
Aids is usually caused because someone makes a bad choice.I think I don't really want to pay for somebodies bad choice.Lets differentiate.
16 :
I think someone else should be working on our government and fix the problem at the root instead of punishing the sick and helpless.
17 :
I really feel this is the least of our worries. There is so much more going on that affects all of the people in a very big way. It will not even be worth living here anymore if things keep going in this direction. In fact, what is happening to this whole country should be cause for alarm to all people!
18 :
I'm kind of torn on this one. I do think we need funding for HIV/AIDS but our economy is also hurting very much. I guess it really depends on WHAT the cuts are going to benefit. For example: By cutting the HIV/AIDS fund, is it helping (or redirecting money) for the school system?
19 :
I really don't care. As a Californian, I have other things to worry about.



Read more discussions :