Friday, May 28, 2010

How can you prevent HIV/AIDS


How can you prevent HIV/AIDS?
I think I may have given my son HIV/AIDS. What can I do to stop it from becoming an issue?
STDs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
... fail
2 :
HOw old is your son? Have you ever had him tested? Have you been tested? HOw would you have given him HIV? There are too manyd etails left out to answer the question correctly.... If your son is younger than a year get him tested now. If he is after 4 months and his test comes back negative you will need to have him tested again about 18 monthsIf he tests negative at 4 months your odds of him having HIV are greatly reduced. The test at 18 months would be to make sure your HIV antibodies are out of his system. If he tests negative at 18 months then he is fine. Depending on the state you live in he may have already been tested. In CA (where I live) they test all newborns the day they are born for HIV, even if the mother did not test during pregnancy, that way if antibodies show up then treatment can begine to lessen the chances of the baby getting the virus. Did you even get tested during your pregnancy? This would have been a test you would have been offered......This is a test I was offered when I was pregnant last April and I tested positive. My son is now 8 months old and after all of my treatment and his treatment he remains negative (my husband is also negative). If your son is older and he tests positive there is nothing you can do but get him in to see a doctor right away so he can begine treatment. If he does have HIv it is not the end of his life. My outlook is great, I am 24 and my doctor sees me living another 40 or so years.



Read more discussions :