Monday, August 16, 2010

Do hospitals test for HIV/AIDS during a simple blood test


Do hospitals test for HIV/AIDS during a simple blood test?
I had a doctors appointment recently. i haven't been to the doctor in a long time so they told me that i would have to get a blood test. I was really nervous to see the results. My doctor said everything was normal. however i was just WONDERING If i had Hiv/AIDS or any type of STD would my dr. be able to tell me from my blood test results or would i have to go to a health clinic specifically for HIV/AIDS?
STDs - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to take a special HIV/AIDS test
2 :
No, they do not routinely test for HIV or any other STD. If you have a concern about the possibility of having an STD you should discuss it with your doctor and appropriate testing can be done. You can also visit Planned Parenthood or any free clinic in your area.
3 :
you have to ask for a specific test for HIV, and sign a release to have it done. No, they do not automatically test for HIV, and no the doctor would not know if you had it from a basic chemistry panel or blood count.
4 :
Dr's cant test you with out your permission but your regular doc can test you for STDs and HIV/AIDs
5 :
NO they don't. If you are concerned go to www.hivtest.org and find a clinic in your area that does testing.



Read more discussions :