Monday, February 1, 2010

This is part 2 of my research i am conducting on HIV/AIDS


This is part 2 of my research i am conducting on HIV/AIDS?
Serious question: Does anyone here that is preferably an African American (prefer a woman..will settle for man) that is infected with HIV/AIDS or know someone that is...How are you now protecting yourself? Also, how did you come about being infected with this disease. This information will also be used in a survey I am conducting for a research paper in Psychology. I asked a question a few weeks ago about why do you all think that the rate is so high among african americans than any other race. I received about 20 responses and that information will also be used in my survey. You can still find my question on line if you need a refresher or didnt get to participate.
STDs - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi Ms., I work in that field and have found that in this part of the US in which I live, there has been a number of AA women that have quote/unquote "settled" w/ infected man for several reasons. 1. the ratio of men to women is like 1:3 (maybe more, not certain) which affords him a "pecking order"! 2. Some women feel that they simply CAN NOT live w/o a man or "that" man when she knows (deep down) that he's playing outside of the relationship and lastly, incarcerated or not, there are men on the DL (down low) that's with their women in the day and their men at night. Sadly, in these relationships, condoms are seldom used if at all. The only way to protect yourself is to get tested to know your status and use condoms or some type of barrier for all types of penetrating sexual activities. I would love to know how your research concludes, please contact me at dvdiva7@yahoo.com



Read more discussions :