Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Can I get HIV/AIDS from a mosquito


Can I get HIV/AIDS from a mosquito?
Can a mosquito give you HIV/AIDS if it sucked the blood of someone who has aids? My friend who has HIV and I were camping and odds are mosquitos bit both of us.
Infectious Diseases - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I belive that the mosquito wont be able to survive I think.
2 :
The simple answer is... NO. While it is not completely impossible, getting AIDS from an insect bite is EXTREMELY unlikely.
3 :
No, it's not possible
4 :
No you can not get HIV from mosquitoes the CDC has done many many studies on this subject. When mosquitoes bite you they do not inject blood they inject saliva and after feeding mosquitoes they rest after.. they never go from person to person to feed they feed once then have to rest after the resting period there is not enough blood in the saliva to carry HIV to other people. They do however retain malaria in their saliva always and that is why we can get malaria from mosquitoes..so no worries you can not get HIV from "shared" mosquitoes on your camping trip...
5 :
I don't think that has ever been proven. Although, it is possible to receive some very serious diseases via mosquitoes. I believe the U.S. military has even experimented with them as a weapon.



Read more discussions :