Monday, June 4, 2012

HIV/AIDS does anything show up in tests other than AIDS test


HIV/AIDS does anything show up in tests other than AIDS test?
I recently had bloodworks done. I was tested for many different things but not HIV. The doctor said there was nothing unusual in all of my tests. If I was HIV pos, would there be anything unusual in my other tests? I don't haver the details of what was tested but there were about 20 things and everything came back normal. Is the HIV test the only test that shows any signs of HIV?
STDs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You were not tested for HIV unless it was specifically ordered. If that had been the case, you would know, because of the paperwork that must be done for it. You could be HIV positive and nothing unusual would show up in the other tests because that's not what they are looking at. The only way you would know if you were HIV positive is to be specifically tested for that, and you have to request the test.
2 :
There might be some abnormalities which may be suspicious and lead a doctor to order the test. If your white blood count is high or a low t-cell count...



Read more discussions :